As I am a personal trainer I speak to a lot of people in and around the London area who work from home and say they find it difficult to eat well and be bothered to do any exercise as its far easier to just sit in the office and pop back and forward to the kitchen for cups of tea and biscuits, all this causes problems to begin as I will explain and give reasons why it is important to have a routine.
- Ensure you get up at the same time every day as if you were having to go out to work, get up half an hour earlier and go out for a 30 minute walk/jog this not only wakes up the body and clears the mind it will kick start the metabolism ready for the day , you will find you have more energy and enthusiasm to work
- Make sure you eat a healthy breakfast when you get back from your walk / jog, start your day with either some porridge with some flaxseed and blueberries, or some scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast or avocado on toast with some oily fish or some natural yoghurt and fruit preferably berries and sprinkle of chia or flaxseed.
- Ensure you keep hydrated drink at least 2 litres of water a day and replace the teas and coffees with water you are less likely to grab a biscuit.
- When you are sitting at your desk set a timer and after 20 minutes get up and walk around, this gives you a screen break protecting your eyes and gives your wrists and fingers a rest. Sitting at your desk for a long period in the long term can increase your risk of diseases like heart disease and your body will start to gain weight, your leg muscles begin to become inactive. I’m lucky as in my job I don’t sit too much and I wear a watch where it bleeps if I do not get up and move every hour, so on days like today when I’m working on programmes and writing articles I’m up and down and go outside for a walk round garden or just go and do something else for 10 minutes.
- Lunch time try and eat healthy a salad with some protein and not much heavy carbohydrate otherwise you will feel sluggish in the afternoon, I think know body wants to be a speaker at a conference after lunch when delegates have been given carb laden sandwiches and cakes for lunch and they are all finding it hard to stay awake .
- Again get up and go for a walk round the block or get up on YouTube an exercise routine and do 20 minutes, this will make you more efficient at your work in the afternoon I promise.
So for personal training and tips to stay fit in and around the London areas call me Fiona on 0771 8588847 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.