Note: Contact me anytime for any help or suggestions related to health, fitness, nutrition and wellness. Always available @ +44 (0) 7718 588847, firstname.lastname@example.org
September always seems like a new year to me, more so than January, the summer is over and the kids are back to school for a new academic year.
So why would i do this? I love being fit and the benefits i feel from it , i am also vein and dont want to get old , hitting 50 is ok i dont mind the number but that dosent mean i want to be overweight and out of condition after all i still feel 20 apart from when i get out of bed in the morning!!!
We all know the benefits of exercise yet 6 million of us in the Uk still dont do anything and the over 40s are the worse.
Exercise has amazing health benefits like
- lowering Blood pressure and cholesterol
- Helping prevent diabetes and heary disease
- Helps to prevent certain cancers
- Great for anxiety, depression and preventing dementia
- keeping weight down
Public Health England have launched a campagin this month to try and get people moving, they are saying dont do it because you have read about it or people like me are telling you too, do it because you want too.
They are saying by walking 10 minutes a day is better than we are doing now and i agree. Walking takes no skill, dosent cost, no facilities required or equipment.
Last month i set a huge challenge to my group o walk 10,000 steps a day , now thats around 5 miles , this can take some time to clock up, but a lot of my group did it, so this 10 minutes a day for people who are starting out on exercise is a good thing small goals small steps.
However sometimes getting fit is all in the mind and the mind has a great way of talking us out of things we dont want to do, so here are some motivation tips for you.
- set goals but dont make them too high otherwise you wont keep them up, like starting off with just 10 minutes walking a day or a 10 minute swim or bike ride.
- Make an appoinment with yourself and dont break it, write that time in your diary like you would a Drs appointment or hairdressers or the nail bar, you wouldnt cancel them would you?
- Stay off the scales they only upset you and you can weigh differently from one day to the next, the best thing to do is to measure yourself when you start then a month later far better way of showwing progress, as we know muscle weighs more than fat and as we exercise we gain more lean muscle and lose body fat.
- Treat yourself, but do this before like buy something you love and if you dont reach your goals you have to give it away, that will focus you more than going and buying something after as if you dont keep going so what you have lost nothing.
- give it time , not until you start to see and feel some improvement will you want to carry on, so give it time and i promise when you start to see results you will carry on.
If you would like to be part of the Shape up September challenge then just email me on email@example.com